Castrol Heavy Duty 50/50 Pre-Diluted Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze features a patented Organic Acid Technology (OAT) formula that delivers total cooling system protection for 600000 miles of on-road use (6 years or 12000 hours of off- highway use) without the use of Supplemental Coolant Additives (SCAs). The only maintenance required is the addition of a single extender after 300,000 to 400,000 miles of on-road use (3 years or 6000 hours of off-highway use). When required, top-off the cooling system with Castrol Heavy Duty Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze or Castrol Heavy Duty 50/50 Pre-Diluted Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze only.
Castrol Heavy Duty 50/50 Pre-Diluted Extended Life Coolant/ Antifreeze is a phosphate-free, silicate-free, nitrite-free and borate-free, globally formulated coolant which uses patented organic acid inhibitors to provide superior wet sleeve liner cavitation and corrosion protection of all cooling system metals. Additional advantages of using Castrol Heavy Duty 50/50 Pre-Diluted Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze include:
- Pre-diluted with deionized water. No need to add water at initial fill or when topping-off.
- Patented formula, with Contamination Tolerant Additives, which can be mixed in any proportion with other coolants with no detrimental effect to corrosion protection, To realize Castrol Heavy Duty 50/50 Pre-Diluted Extended Life Coolant/Antifreeze's maximum protection, contamination levels should be kept below 25%.
- Eliminates the need for SCAs and coolant filters, saving time and money.
- Provides superior long-term elastomer compatibility.
- Phosphate free formula inhibits the formation of hard water scale.
|Min. Specific Gravity @ 60/60ºF1||N/A 1.0650|
Specific Gravity @ 60/60 ºF (Typical Values)
|Max. Freezing Point, 50% Volume2||N/A -34 ºF|
Freezing Point, 50% Volume (Typical Values)
|N/A -34 ºF|
|Min. Boiling Point, 50% Volume3||N/A 226 ºF|
Boiling Point, 50% Volume (Typical Values)
|N/A 226 ºF|
|pH, 50% Volume4||N/A 7.5-11.0|
pH, 50% Volume (Typical Values)
|Max. Chloride5||N/A 25 ppm|
Chloride (Typical Values)
|N/A 20 ppm|
|Reserve Alkalinity6||N/A Report|
Reserve Alkalinity (Typical Values)
|Max. ASH Wt.7||N/A 5 %|
ASH Wt. (Typical Values)
|N/A 1 %|
Applications and Recommendations
- 1 ASTM D-6210
- 2 ASTM D-6210
- 3 ASTM D-6210
- 4 ASTM D-6210
- 5 ASTM D-6210
- 6 ASTM D-6210
- 7 ASTM D-6210